TechSpot

Interview with Twitter CEO Evan Williams

By Justin
Oct 5, 2009
  1. Twitter's future varies greatly depending on what pair of eyes you're looking through. Many expect it to be purchased by a third party or integrated with other services, and some foresee its failure. All seem plausible, though a purchase may be Twitter's best option. Financial issues aside, where does the company see itself going? Some interesting information along those lines and more was unearthed in an interview with Evan Williams, co-founder of Twitter. Speaking about Twitter's technical challenges, Williams tersely revealed plans the company has to stay afloat.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

The Twitter phenomena seems way out of whack to me. The only people who seem to use it regularly are the media and celebrities. I work in the high-tech industry with a ton of friends and co-workers and not one of us use it (although all of us have signed up for it). It seems to be more of a promotional tool than anything.

With all the other ways to communicate - IM, e-mail, texting, voice, etc., combined with the limitations of Twitter, I just don't see how it can sustain itself (unless it gets packaged in with some other product). In fact, if it weren't for the media and celebrities promoting it with every other sentence, my guess is it would already be gone.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

@TomSEA, I agree with 99% of what you just said.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.