Invalid configuration information - please run setup program

Hi I have a dell xps m1210 that show a message "invalid configuration information - please run setup program", i can not even enter the setup, when i press de F2 to enter setup it says "preparing to enter setup", but instead entering the setup it gives me the "invalid configuration information - please run setup program"

Can anyone help me

How old is it. Could be a hard drive failure... can you give us the service Tag from the back of the machine?

My guess is it has little to do with the drive but more likely all to do with the system BIOS and your motherboard

1. Go to the Dell support site, search on invalid configuration information. Then click Help tab to only see Help results. You'll find many with similar problem

2. You should also look on Dell;s site as there should be instructions to reset CMOS/BIOS back to factory default

3. If still problem, post back with findings as might indicate failure with a component on the m/b.

I have been searching every where, but found nothing usefull, ive already replaced the cmos battery and nothing. Im driving crazy with this laptop.

Back