Invasion of the harvest mites

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JBMAC

Living in the country, we've started getting
those tiny corn mites coming through the ventilation
and it will get worse when the harvest starts.
They usually get behind picture
frames and right now one is crawling behind the LCD
of my monitor and I'm wondering if it can do any real harm. I can't crush
it as usual, since it's actually behind the screen.
Any ideas? They usually
die off behind picture glass, but I'm wondering if I can do anything other
than cover the screen when it's not being used? Does anything unclip
from the monitor...? Any danger to the pc? I used to keep it covered but
concern about fire risk changed that...

Before anyone replies, maybe I should use the term
TFT to describe the screen...? not sure.

The crawler has disappeared now, but more will be
coming in soon as the harvest is cut.

Exterminator

Hmnn, not the most helpful answer, but thanks anyway Tedster

Tedster he mentions he lives in the country it isn't his fault that these little bugs appear they just get in the house when he opens the door or windows, they are always found in fields in the summer here all over the country even if they haven't got crops on the fields.

I doubt they would cause any damage to the screen you would probably just have to clean it out every so often till they stop attempting to head for the light of your LCD or TFT, try looking at the manual for the screen to see if it mentions anything about removing the front panel. There is normally screws on the front or back you should probably see them and try removing from there, if you have read the manual.

Thanks for your posting Woody; there might be screws, but I don't see them. The mite (a thrip, I'm told) has disappeared - maybe the way it came in. I didn't get a manual since the display came with the {Mesh} pc. Think I'll keep covering it, when not in use.

Maybe Tedster thinks they're a product of sloppy living!

These little bugs will die eventually they only have short life-spans and if they even get close to Autumn they will die off because of the cooling temperatures. Most likely they will fly out if they survive the heat of the screen.

I don't see them too much because of where I live but I do live near fields maybe about half a mile so I know what they are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back