iOS 12 May Be Coming to Your iPhone 5s

learninmypc

iOS: If you’re still holding on to an old iPhone 5S, you’re in luck: Apple might allow you to upgrade the five-year-old smartphone to iOS 12 when it rolls out later this year.

The news comes as a result of some code spotted in WebKit, the browser engine that powers Safari. The script, which was shared on Reddit, seems to confirm that Apple has already tested iOS 12 on the iPhone 5S. The company does a pretty good job of keeping older devices in the loop with new software updates and important security fixes, but bringing iOS 12 to the iPhone 5S would mark a new record: six major iterations of iOS on the same device. FULL ARTICLE

My 5se performs fine on 10.3.3 and I see no advantage to updating it, need none of the "new enhancements" and thus will freeze my phone here until it dies or the GPS, Messages, Gmail stop working.

It is not confirmed, Apple may be upgraded iOS 12 in iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 series phone. Apple may announce this in his upcoming WWDC event 2018, which is scheduled for June 4- 8, 2018.

Back