TechSpot

iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak tool released, supports 4S, iPad 3

By Rick
May 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. News of an untethered jailbreak for Apple's iPhone OS 5.1.1 has been circulating for at least several days, but this morning iOS hackers managed to release the fruits of their...

Read the whole story
  2. I did this to my 3rd gen iPad and works perfectly. Took less than 5 minutes to complete! Even took video of it.
  3. Very easy jailbreak. Love how you don't have to fight with DFU mode at all! The only issue I had was when all was said and done my Contacts.app went missing. Other then that all was good.
  4. Not working on my iPad 2 WiFi with 5.1.1 on W7 Enterprise (administrator rights)

Program keeps crashing for some reason
  5. Thank you so much. You are genious. I just jailbroken my device. It works perfectly.
  6. Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)?
  7. I jailbroke it then turned it off then back on and it doesnt have most of the factory apps like settings messenging or calling or any of that idk what to do!!!
  8. I bought my iPad 2 at Best Buy last Nov. Is it the 2,4?
    How do I know or check if my device is 2,4 or not?
  9. Anyone who failed to jailbreak, they should get instead Absinthe 2.0.1. they have fixed error messages like:

- Something seems to have gone wrong… trying to recover
    - No Cydia icon after Absinthe Jailbreak
    - No Reboot after Absinthe Jailbreak

I suggest updating the links in this post though. they are initially dead.
  10. help!! absinthe 2.0 doesn't read my device.. please help, I want to jailbreak my ipad2!
  11. I have 3gs 5.1.1 bb 5.16.05, untethered JB through rocky racoon, but no service :( , please help, dont want to loose my gps, so no ipad bb, is there any other way ? thnx

12. Does not work on iPad 2. shame.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.