Ioss Bios Saviour rd1-PMC4 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the double post, was in the wrong area before

Recently my computers bios corrupted when I tried to flash it to a newer version, wouldn't reboot properly. I have an nf7-s and not many of my friends have them so i'm wondering if I can put the bios saviour in one of their computers (they are also PMC4) and flash their bios with the nf7-s bios. Obviously there computer would not reboot properly with the nf7-s bios in their system, so I'd have to switch it over to the orig bios. But do you think it would work if I took it out and put it back in mine?

It could work.. Assuming you can actually convince the flashing software to attempt to flash a completely wrong BIOS.

If your motherboard has a removable BIOS chip then you are better off finding someone with an EEPROM programmator and taking your chip+BIOS to them.

Hmmm..maybe try flashing with say Abit's Flashmenu, I sent an e-mail to IOSS and am awaiting a reply.

I really have no idea where I would find someone with an EEPROM programmator in the first place unfortunately. But i'm still waiting for the Bios Saviour to arrive anyways so, I could of ordered it from some place in Sweden, they said they could flash a specific bios onto the bios saviour for an extra fee, however the Euro conversion worked out to to much etc.etc.

to Liquidlen: I can't count howmany times i've cleared my bios (i'm not new to overclocking so..pretty common procedure to clear cmos), but thanks for the suggestion.

People with programmators are electronics enthousiasts, repair shops, universities, companies that actually make some electronic devices..

Bringing this old thread back, I noticed it comes up at the top of a Google search...

Yes, you can flash a BIOS with the wrong mobo, but it must be of the same physical size (i.e. either 2 or 4mb)

The undocumented switch to awdflash.exe to force a flash on "the wrong mainboard" is /F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back