Ip connection issues?

berrybluuw

Hi, so recently I had made a modded Minecraft server, I did the whole thing of port forwarding and everything and it worked great, my friends were able to join and play until one of my friends started having issues connecting where he would get stuck on a "loading" or "loading terrain" screen until being sent back with a "lost connection" or simply "disconnected" error, let me add everytime he attempted to join, in-game his player would briefly standstill not able to move when hit until later saying "player name left the server", however on the server console, it would appear as:
io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException: null.

Believing it was a server issue or maybe an issue with one of the mods installed I had another friend join the server and worked perfectly with them with the exception of my one friend with the issue, now isolating him with the problem rather than me. Having looked up to the error it appears to be somewhat of a connection issue between one another or something, I tried everything from the windows firewall maybe blocking something to whitelisting him on the server and nothing. And now recently my other friend on a ps4 wanted to play Minecraft again so I downloaded the bedrock edition of the game and this time my friend with the connection issue hosted the server and while I tried joining the issue repeated itself once again.

any suggestions would be much appreciated,
thank you!

®️
©️

Is his game original or not? you might need to allow certain type of login in the config if your mates game is cracked. Else you can do the best next thing tell him to buy the game :)

io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException:

The timeout in netty has been reported since 2012, it was patched in v 2.x.x for AWS on Git.
Code:
ReadTimeoutException extends TimeoutException
A TimeoutException raised by ReadTimeoutHandler when no data was read within a certain period of time

That timeout function was just reporting "a time out" had occurred there was no function following.

It has apparently been fixed, try updating Java -- https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-java-v2/blob/2.0.0-preview-12/CHANGELOG.md

Is his game original or not? you might need to allow certain type of login in the config if your mates game is cracked. Else you can do the best next thing tell him to buy the game :)
no we both have bought the game and it worked perfectly for a while until the issue arised

The timeout in netty has been reported since 2012, it was patched in v 2.x.x for AWS on Git.
Code:
ReadTimeoutException extends TimeoutException
A TimeoutException raised by ReadTimeoutHandler when no data was read within a certain period of time

That timeout function was just reporting "a time out" had occurred there was no function following.

It has apparently been fixed, try updating Java -- https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-java-v2/blob/2.0.0-preview-12/CHANGELOG.md
heh this is quite confusing on how to install or run I wouldn't even know to start!

heh this is quite confusing on how to install or run I wouldn't even know to start!
I believe he meant update java jdk/jre on the server/pc as you mentioned port forwarding I doubt the link specified is relevant because that is updating java on aws instances.
Edit: He probably attached the link just as a reference.

I believe he meant update java jdk/jre on the server/pc as you mentioned port forwarding I doubt the link specified is relevant because that is updating java on aws instances.
Edit: He probably attached the link just as a reference.
ah okay, I had checked java and it was up to date for both me and my friend although for the server I had to download a 64bit version of java for the server to use more RAM because apparently I had a 32bit version installed.

But java doesn't explain why we are unable to join one another from either version of Minecraft. I believe it could be a connection issue of something I just don't know, I'm sorta desperate at this point :/

Are the other players still working? Don't forget that since you probably have a dynamic IP you may need to change your portforwarding matching the new public IP.

Are the other players still working? Don't forget that since you probably have a dynamic IP you may need to change your portforwarding matching the new public IP.
yeah, other players are working, I had double-checked the IP for the server which is still the same, same goes for the ipv4 address and the default gateway, maybe it could be something on his end I wouldn't know (I can ask) also let me add I'm connected through wifi and he is through ethernet and everything is the same regarding the version of Minecraft, forge, and everything else.
btw I had used this video to create the server which is practically the same as mine:

in my router setting, I do have a dynamic DNS option that is currently disabled at the moment which doesn't appear to affect anything? (I'm not sure) but I could enable it however I wouldn't know how it would work!
DYNDNS is an option you can opt for to avoid changing your public IP frequently on your server. At the current moment this wont aid your situation and adding additional features to troubleshoot wont help. Ideally you revisit the minecraft server configuration and your port forwards. If you don't mind you can send us how you are port forwarding and how the users are accessing your server.

Back