IP network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, one time when i replugged my computer back up, i plugged it back into the router/switch. And i realised that only 2 of 3 computers could access the internet.. I later realised that 2 of the computers were sharing the one ip, and one of those could not access the internet while the other was on.
My internet company gives out dynamic ip's, but i managed to change one of the computers but the other computer copiedit, so after the change they still have the same ip....
pls help

What are the IP addresses of your computers? If they are 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x then they are your local IPs and your ISP has nothing to do with them.

Most likely you have configured your router to act as a DHCP server. Either set all the IP addresses on your computers to automatic or set all of them manually and turn off the DHCP server in the router.

Hi, yes the ips are 10.x.x.x... so this is a problem with my lan setup? in my router configuration.. under lan setup.. I do have a dhcp server, but it also says that the address pool selection is system allocated, and i have the option to turn it to user defined.. it also has a start and end user defined address.. which is 10.0.0.4 to 10.0.0.15
There is also a dhcp gateway seleciton which is currently on automatic,. but can be set to user defined, and then asks for a gateway address. I am a real newbie when it comes to networking.. thanks heaps for you rhelp

There should be a way to disable the DHCP server completely. If you can't find it then just make sure all your PCs have their IP addresses set to "automatic".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back