iPad encrypted email

marklantis

I am using the very old JUNO 8.8.81 email client with dial-up service. Lately, I have NOT been able to download my email without being disconnected. I try again and get disconnected at the same percentage of download, be it 40%, 50%, 100% or whatever. I have someone sending email with their new IPad. I am wondering if the IPad email is SO encrypted that the slow dial-up can't download it correctly. I am no expert and I thought I might get some feedback here.

I am wondering if the IPad email is SO encrypted that the slow dial-up can't download it correctly. I am no expert and I thought I might get some feedback here.
I don't think so.
Encryption will make it fat (ie larger) but failures would occur in the decrypt (right at the end of the download) OR in the viewing of the message.

Two approaches are possible:
a) use a web based interface to Juno (ie your browser) http://webmaila.juno.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi
b) install / use an email client (like Thunderbird) and configure it to access the Juno account​

For dial-up users, you anytime you create the link to your ISP, there is a TCP connection from your system to
that ISP. Any new program that gets started (like an email client: Thunderbird) will see that connection and
piggyback it to access the email or other destinations.

The Thunderbird setup instructions are here

and the parameters for Juno are here

Back