IPhone 4 for Spring (CDMA Inquiry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Tahoma]I have just found an IPhone 4 8GB version from Carrier Sprint here in New York. It was just laying there on the street and it had a password, I already restored it to erase the password. As you can imagine there is no longer service on the phone since I'm assuming the person who owned it disconnected it. Now from what I understand this particular phone has CDMA technology which basically means you can't just unlock it and use it with a different SIM from a different carrier. Now what would happen if I would just go to a Sprint Store and try to activate it? My first though is that if the owner reported it stolen Sprint would disable the ESN of the IPhone, therefore making it useless to me. I have another though if this does not work, I can perhaps sabotage the phone and take it to an Apple Store so I can perhaps get a replacement, and now in this case I can easily connect it with Sprint. Any ideas or comments regarding this matter would be really appreciated. Thank you. [/FONT]

Maybe you should do the right thing and hand it over to the police, finders keepers isn't a law you know.

I must agree with slh28. This phone doesn't belong to you and TechSpot cannot help you "take" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back