iPhone 4S: How Does It Stack Up?

I'm probably still gonna get one, mainly because i'm up for a new one and i'm still on an orginal 3GS which is showing its age.
The other reason is that I've bought lots of apps that I would not want to lose.

Its not too bad, as long as the signal thing is fixed I'm not too fussed about this.
Definately under-whelming though...

Even though I realllllyyyy don't like apple, they make a good phone! And seeing as I'm still using a 3g (lulz.. yes.. not even 3gs) I think I will try and pick one of these up next week.

iPhone 4S does support HDMI out by via an optional cable, the same one used by the iPad 2.

The "built from rumors phone" was a joke, But i guess it could still be true once the Iphone 5 does come out.

WIll be funny if it looks nothing like it though.

captainawesome said:
So much for that 98% probability from that "built from rumors phone" haha

Building anything from rumors when apple are concerned seems pretty stupid to me considering how much of a tight ship they run at apple (in terms of information control).

You'll have more luck hanging around bars in california tbh.

Incremental, nice way of saying that you're just going to get more people to basically buy the same phone again.

It apppears to me as if maybe Steve Jobs left or was pushed out as the CEO position for MAYBE more than health reasons. I wonder IF the board started making decisions he didnt agree with and that forced him to step down? This would be the same thing the board did last time he was pushed out. If that is the case then apple stock is going down to below $100 per share when the public at large finds out.

I expected this to happen when Steve dies anyway. It is a shame the bean counters rehashed a phone with basically old tech, even the processor is old tech. This phone is mostly old tech and im sure it is not something Steve would allow to happen. It is exactally what a board who is lazy and trying to do nothing and still make money. I didnt hear anything about a new tablet either? I wonder if apple is going to milk that again with old tech? For the record I have only ever owned a 17" Macbook pro 09 model, its been the pc for me for the last 20 years as an IT manager.

Space51773

Interesting that there is no Windows Phone Mango in the mix. Could it be it would BEST them all?

Guest said:
It apppears to me as if maybe Steve Jobs left or was pushed out as the CEO position for MAYBE more than health reasons. I wonder IF the board started making decisions he didnt agree with and that forced him to step down? This would be the same thing the board did last time he was pushed out. If that is the case then apple stock is going down to below $100 per share when the public at large finds out.
I expected this to happen when Steve dies anyway. It is a shame the bean counters rehashed a phone with basically old tech, even the processor is old tech. This phone is mostly old tech and im sure it is not something Steve would allow to happen. It is exactally what a board who is lazy and trying to do nothing and still make money. I didnt hear anything about a new tablet either? I wonder if apple is going to milk that again with old tech? For the record I have only ever owned a 17" Macbook pro 09 model, its been the pc for me for the last 20 years as an IT manager.

Space51773

If the first part of your post was true it would have happen when tim cook took over and the stock price didn't drop.

Now Apple has to respond to all the rumors with another iPhone, this one better.

Guest said:
How does it compare to samsung focus S or HTC titan

Those specs have been released, I don't know why they didn't compare it. At worst the could put N/A in some places

How does it stack up against the SGS2? It doesn't.
Not with that tiny little screen you can't see when you have more than one finger over, and trying to play games means you see all of nothing.

1ghz dual core? Is this 2010?
And they just bought the speech recognition software and added a shortcut to open it into the OS and now the original siri app will stop functioning on non 4s phones.

Apple. Removing applications on older devices to pass them off as features in the new model since 1999.

The Samsung Nexus Prime looks fing insane! 1280 x 720 res and dual core 1.5mhz cpu? That's almost as good as my crappy Dell laptop.

1977TA said:
The Samsung Nexus Prime looks fing insane! 1280 x 720 res and dual core 1.5mhz cpu? That's almost as good as my crappy Dell laptop.

a 1.5mhz cpu hey?

you do realise that makes this new iPhone well over 1000x more powerful?

Even if Windows Phones were included, they would still look under-powered in comparison. That is because the WP7 OS does not need such beefy specs to run the OS smoothly, as opposed to iOS and Android.

Back