TechSpot

iPhone 5 coming to Virgin Mobile on June 28, pricing starts at $550

By Shawn Knight
Jun 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple’s iPhone 5 is set to arrive on Virgin Mobile starting June 28. It joins a growing list of pre-paid carriers like T-Mobile, AT&T, Cricket Wireless and Straight Talk from Wal-Mart that have jumped on the iPhone bandwagon as of...

Read more

2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 881   +231

Slap that Apple logo on there and today's yuppies will pay it.

m4a4 likes this.
  3. It's funny that there is always these apple haters that are first to reply.

I actually like my iphone 5 and I don't own anything else apple aside from the iphone 5. Built my own computer, have an asus tablet, has a lenovo laptop. 2 reasons for the iphone 5: (1) already invested in the apple ecosystem & (2) it works right out of the box.

Had I waited until today, I would have probably purchased the HTC One.

Some people just want some simplicity for some of their toys.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

Apple haters? There's no such thing as an Apple (note the capital "A" Guest) hater on these forums, at least to my knowledge, just more intelligent, budget conscious smartphone users.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

But if these are pre-paid phones why are you still paying a monthly sub of $40-$50? It kinda defeats the purpose. In South Africa, if you're a pre-paid user, you buy airtime & data time as & when you need it.

6. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 881   +231

When I see one I'll let you know.

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

FYI Australia has had iPhone on Virgin Mobile AU since it released. Must be a US thing, with exclusives...

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,816   +922

A joyous event such as this definitely requires a soundtrack. With that in mind, may we present Leonard Cohen Live doing, "Hallelujah"

9. marysmart

marysmart TS Rookie

Nice phone I like this phone .....

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.