TechSpot

iPhone sales top 9 million in launch weekend, iOS 7 overtakes iOS 6

By Jos
Sep 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. You’re probably familiar with the drill by now: Apple announces a new iPhone, analysts and so-called experts feel underwhelmed and forewarn of waning consumer interest, stocks go down a bit due to wary investors, then Apple announces another record-shattering launch...

Read more

2. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 679   +155

iSheep

3. BMfan

BMfan TS Evangelist Posts: 589   +136

I'm trying to think of something smart to add to the comments but I can't,so I will now go out and buy an iphone so I can join the isheep.

4. mevans336

mevans336 TS Enthusiast Posts: 161   +11

While I know it's popular to hate on whomever is at the top of the corporate pile, the iPhone is a really great phone and Apple is doing something with the internals that noone else but Samsung is doing. Each iteration of their A-series processor (of which there have only been two) have thoroughly trounced established giants like Qualcomm and TI.

As someone who recently switched from the original iPhone 5 to an HTC One (I like playing with technology) there are a ton of small features missing from Android and from the hardware itself that really do make using an iPhone a pleasurable experience. The two biggest that I miss are the keyboard prediction of the iPhone (nothing on Android even comes close - no, not even Swiftkey) and the ability to skip tracks and turn the volume up/down from your headphones.

5. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 128   +11

Welcome to the fold brother
    :D

6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +965

Wow 9 million. That is crazy.

7. SnipeD

SnipeD TS Rookie

Humm... I read this in the article.

Localytics claiming the 5s and 5c now account for around 1% of all activated iPhones and the 5s beating its lower end sibling three to one.

8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +965

Yeah I wasnt thinking lol.

9. Saintnsinner

Saintnsinner TS Rookie Posts: 56   +11

I love my ipad but my HTC One kicks any iPhones ***.

10. Saintnsinner

Saintnsinner TS Rookie Posts: 56   +11

Io7 is kid of clunky on my ipad2 though.

11. What has the world come to when 9 million people in one weekend by a phone that is hardly any improvement over the previous model. Heck....what has the word come to when phones are getting so much global attention, it almost sounds like a religion.