iPhone to get location-based home screens?

By Justin
Aug 27, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you've used any high-end smartphone in recent years, you have probably come across some of the more common location-based services available. Typically found in weather and mapping programs, it's a handy extension of a phones ability to determine where you are geographically. Apple sees great potential in expanding this, and is already busy filing patents that would make the iPhone's entire home screen location based.

Read the whole story
  2. Sorry Apple, too late! Its already available on your competitor's platform and its called Sherpa.
  3. I'm sure apple will find a way to make it 10 times better then the competitors platform though. Like it did with copy and paste.
  4. Why in the world would I want my phone's icons to jump around? I know where they are now.
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

It's probably something you could turn on/off, at worst it'll be enabled by default.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.