iPhone users could elbow past disloyal Android fans by 2015

By Archean
Apr 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,667   +868

A lot of people I know just bought Android phones because: 1) They were cheaper. 2) They got it as a gift. 3) They didnt like Apple
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,381   +607

Eh, I still believe that companies like Samsung and HTC are ruining it. That's three versions of Android right there. Someone uses an HTC phone, hates the bloat and junk apps, result: "oh I hate Android"
  3. JC713

Android has to change. They need to dump the bloatware, lose the carrier icon on the back, and update on a standard schedule, not by carrier approval.
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 6,032   +69

+1 JC. But the problem is even the vanilla version of android isn't as much fun to use as the rival platforms are, probably because they went about it with a mission to be a 'look alike' of iOS.
    JC713 likes this.
  5. JC713

Unfortunately man!
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,381   +607

Please explain how Android is trying to be like iOS? :(

I'm not even bothering to include BB or WinPho, as they are widely different and have a minimal market share. Oh, and before you begin I'd like to point out two things: every iOS 'improvement' or 'feature' since v3-4 has been playing catch up with Android; and some manufacturer/carrier skins (think Samsung's skin) try to go after an iOS-ish look, which doesn't speak for all of Android.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.