iPhone users could elbow past disloyal Android fans by 2015

A lot of people I know just bought Android phones because: 1) They were cheaper. 2) They got it as a gift. 3) They didnt like Apple

Eh, I still believe that companies like Samsung and HTC are ruining it. That's three versions of Android right there. Someone uses an HTC phone, hates the bloat and junk apps, result: "oh I hate Android"

Android has to change. They need to dump the bloatware, lose the carrier icon on the back, and update on a standard schedule, not by carrier approval.

+1 JC. But the problem is even the vanilla version of android isn't as much fun to use as the rival platforms are, probably because they went about it with a mission to be a 'look alike' of iOS.

Please explain how Android is trying to be like iOS? :(

I'm not even bothering to include BB or WinPho, as they are widely different and have a minimal market share. Oh, and before you begin I'd like to point out two things: every iOS 'improvement' or 'feature' since v3-4 has been playing catch up with Android; and some manufacturer/carrier skins (think Samsung's skin) try to go after an iOS-ish look, which doesn't speak for all of Android.

Back