iPhone users not waking up on time due to DST bug

By Emil
Nov 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. iPhone users aren't waking up on time due to a Daylight Saving Time (DST) bug. Even though the iOS clock changes correctly, the alarm does not.

Read the whole story
  2. stensland

stensland TS Rookie Posts: 52

All I have to say is this; AH-AHAH-AHAHAHAHA!
  3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 620   +118

HAHA Ill keep that in mind...
  4. bakape

bakape TS Enthusiast Posts: 123

iPhone is the most entertaining device by Apple so far hehe :)
  5. whiteandnerdy

whiteandnerdy TS Member Posts: 69

i guess they don't have money for a real alarm clock after paying too much for that paper weight
  6. Cryptopsy

Cryptopsy TS Enthusiast Posts: 47

That is why I got late this morning at work xD
  7. Serag

Serag TS Booster Posts: 181

Apple's bugs fixing alarm clock must be late
  8. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 828   +17

My thoughts exactly. :D.

My old clunky $50 Razr hasn't had any problems with DST :D.
  9. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 669

DST is a failed concept that will repeatedly leads to problems for everyone with no benefits to society. It may in fact be detrimental
    Apples not the first to fall victim to DST software, and I'm sure it wont be the last.
  10. Flipcharm

Flipcharm TS Rookie

This was a known issue, as the author and others have noted.
    European iPhone users really have no excuse for being ignorant to this problem.
  11. customcarvin

customcarvin TS Enthusiast Posts: 103   +8

Could you clarify your last statement for me? How are they ignorant? Did Apple notify iphone users somehow that there was a bug? If so, then I completely agree with you; if not, then how can you blame the consumer for not knowing?
  12. therickster90

therickster90 TS Rookie Posts: 16

I'm glad Arizona doesn't do that DST crap.
  13. Jetatt23

Jetatt23 TS Rookie Posts: 28

Isn't DST time in America next week, the 8th?... Seems like a lot of people are using this bug as an excuse to be late on a Monday after a holiday...
  14. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

We already found out about this down here in OZ. Turns out Apple didn't believe us when we said that their clocks weren't working.
  15. posermobile89

posermobile89 TS Rookie Posts: 72

now is it the users fault that their alarms goes off late, like maybe the held the iPhone wrong while setting the alarm or something. Should they buy something to fix it ;)
  16. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

As someone whose been using a cellphone as an alarm in the morning for years, I'd be pretty angry if this happened to me.

@Flipcharm Like Carvin said, unless Apple made this known to ALL there customers it's bit naive to blame the consumer.
  17. Razerblade

Razerblade TS Rookie Posts: 117

I do not understand why the phone would put the alarm forward an hour. The alarm only needs to stay the same, its the clock that goes back! This has been a basic feature on phones for years!
  18. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

that is funny...maybe apple will force the world to ditch DST finally.
  19. ruzveh

ruzveh Banned Posts: 123

lol.. iphone users dont use clock alarm?
  20. Recipe7

Recipe7 TS Booster Posts: 143

I had to laugh when I read the title of this article. One of the most simplest and crucial aspects of a phone is it's capability to remind you of things. We all know the iPhone is not just a phone... and apparently it's hype leads us to believe that it is an alarm clock too, but unfortunately it wont say sorry once you are late to work. Haha.
  21. AzHP

AzHP TS Rookie

The same thing happened to me with my clock that "automatically" changes based on DST...but it's been wrong ever since Bush's extending of DST. I hate DST with a passion, and Bush just made it more annoying.

I don't know how Apple can't fix this with an update, but it's pretty ridiculous.
  22. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 157   +15

People it's still better to use your old alarm clock to wake up :p
  23. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

Lots of my colleagues turned up to work at 10am lol. We should be thanking Mr Jobs for an extra hour of sleep on Monday morning!

On a side note why the hell does DST/BST exist anyway?
  24. 63Jax

63Jax TS Enthusiast Posts: 84

i'm pretty sure some retarded looser will sue Apple for getting late to work due to this bug. in USA everything is possible now, gay marriage, Jedi religion, etc.
  25. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Posts: 212

My graphics designer friend has been raging about this bug. lol