TechSpot

IPod Home Button Problems

By TheDreams
May 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. On my Apple IPod, my home button is like stuck down, it will not work no matter what type of pressure I apply. Am I screwed? or can it be fixed(take to apple store maybe)?

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,474   +329

at least talk to them :)

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,064   +919

The people at Apple dont really care about people unless they purchase Apple care (or it will be expensive). I read a very interesting article that I cannot find, but I thought you would like it. It may just be a better option to replace it.

4. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 551   +46

Well that's is a reasonable suggestion, but as a junior in high school and looking to buy a car it is now the most financially smart idea.

5. TheDreams

6. JC713

You can edit your posts my friend.

7. TheDreams

You can edit on a computer not an IPod.

8. JC713

Ah. (y)

9. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,281   +157

10. TheDreams

Well it seems this forum is now irrelevant as when I had my headphones in, I set my iPod on the counter then I stepped away from the counter(forgetting) and the iPod hit the ground(disconnecting from the headphones) with a crack, I then turned it over to find that the screen is spiderwebbed like no other. So I figured I had two problems with it, why not call the apple store. Apparently they do not replace screens but they will give me a new iPod touch 32 GB for $99( my old iPod was 1 and a half years old and didnt have a warranty.

11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,476   +624

For reference, you can enable an on-screen button:

Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch

12. JC713

I was gonna say that, but forgot.

13. TheDreams

Wow that works wonderfully thanks everyone, gonna keep using it until the glass pieces chip away(little ones are coming out some now)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.