iPod Nano 3rd Gen vs Sansa Fuze vs Zune

levi1018

Hey You guys help me choose which is the best out of the Sansa Fuze, Ipod Nano 3rdgen and Zune 8gig. Please base this on

1. Audio Quality
2. Ease of use
3. Features
4. Graphic interface

I need a new music player. Tired of the fancy 1ns getting messed up with moving parts i need one with flash memory.

Sansa have huge problems with the internal memory freeze-up! That's why you can get them so cheap on Buy.com as they're factory repairs type. Got in-law who didn't listen and ended up with the 16GB model and sure enough not even 3 weeks of using it had locked-up. He ended up getting another one. I like the Zune better. Ipod tends to need to be recharged a lot more. Best to have a laptop with you on vacation if you forget to bring the charger for it.

Sansa uses flash SD also... Prices have come down and 32GB one should be out by now. Trick is to use Microsoft XP Plus! it comes with a neat MP3 to WMA converter.

Example..
2GB you can store 870 WMA of songs compared to 364 MP3 on the same SD.

I can't compare to the other 2, but I have the 8 gig 3rd gen Nano. So I can tell you what I like and dislike about it:

Looks great, and is very thin, but tough.
Display is fantastic, can be bright enough to actually watch video outside in the sun.
Menu navigation is very intuitive and looks great.

Dislikes:
Sensitivity of the wheel when scrolling and clicking seems a little high, perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere.
iTunes on Windows

Back