iPods and external drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the 160gb IPOD and a 500gb external drive so I could download all my music (I have probably 300 cd's and 10,000 records) and get it on my IPOD. I think I have the Itunes directed to the external drive but every time I download music it ends up on my computer hard drive and I run out of space. I noticed that it shows up on the external drive but also on the computer hard drive so I would delete it from the computer hard drive but then the icon for the music on the external drive says there music's not there. I have been fooling with this since Christmas and haven't even been able to use the expensive IPOD I bought. Any help would be appreciated. (BTW - I am not real computer saavy. Consider this a "dummy" asking the question!)

Should be in your IPOD application (whichever software you are using) settings area (probably under "Tools" menu or something)

Anyway check in there for the default download paths, and then modify it, to path to the external drive (actually I hope that doesn't upset all your presently saved files - This is why I normally don't provide support on iPod software, it's all very individualized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back