IRQL not less or equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to apologise as i know this has been posted before,but i'm very new to computers and do not completely understand the answers given.
i get this error doing normal activities, and i get a blue screen with this the above error.
i have read some of the answers here but do not completely understand the answers here
i have read it could be a hard drive has gone bad?
i was walked through a chkdsk /r scan but i'm not sure if it helped or not, do i need to do another one? is there something i can do after that?
also i should mention that i have 2 hard drives, and i'm running windows 7.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* We'll read them for you and take it from there. :)

Ok there are three that I attached to this post, I thought that was a small enough amount that I didn't need to zip them, I apologise if it's too big

Attachments

• 052810-18158-01.dmp
    148.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 052910-29374-01.dmp
    148.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 052910-18704-01.dmp
    148.8 KB · Views: 1
Two of three dump0 files specifically cited memory corruption as your issue. You'll need run the free and safe memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

i apologise for dissapearing for a time, it did end up being a memory issue which i found thanks to the memtest, now my daughter's computer is starting to bluescreen out continually, it shows all the same symptoms as mine had when the memory was corrupt, however the bluescreen goes by too quickly for me to see the message.
is there anything else that it could be? it shows all the smae symptoms of the IRQL error, but i do not see the message as being the same.
i'm sorry if this is confusing, but is there any advice you can give?
should i try the memtest on her computer as well?

I, too, have been away for some time.

If this can be of any help, yes run Memtest. One file definitively cited memory corruption as the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back