IRQL not less than or equal tcpip.sys BSOD help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I hope this is in the right place and applies to all the rules etc. If not feel free to delete it asap.

Hi guys, I've been having a look around in case I could solve this problem on my own but I can't seem to find a solid solution. My computer keeps blue screening (at least once a day). It dumps the memory and I've got the minidumps (one is atached in text form). It says IRQL not less than or equal and tcpip.sys but I have no idea.

Background. My internet wasn't working propperly and showing five networks. I had this fixed by a technician who said that I hadn't disabled my home network (I'm at university) and there was a contridiction. So he fixed this. I think they started happening after this. I've updated my graphics drivers to the latest version.

Computer spec.
AMD Athlon 64 6400+ Black Edition 3.2GHz
4Gb RAM
Nvidia 8500GT 1024Mb graphics card
ASROCK motherboard, not sure of the exact model though.

My minidump is attached, doesn't smell too good. ;)

any help would be wicked and very much appreciated as this is only completely annoying when trying to watch films or play games. :D
Matt

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers. Tcpip.sys was listed as the cause and is a Windows OS driver. Usually when these are listed as the probable cause they are too general to be of much help.

However, in your case this is probably very helpful because Tcpip.sys is used to access the whole IP protocol.

Also, in your minidump NDIS.sys. (Network Driver Interface Specification), a core Windows driver, was unable to load due to Tcpip.sys. Ndis.sys is a library, so to speak, that is a collection of routines that applications can invoke to perform network-related operations.

* It looks like your issue still needs fixing.

* And it looks like either your NIC card needs the drivers updated or it could be bad.

wow. thanks for the fast reply! and the advice. I figured rather than messing about updating myself i'd see if a there was a program to do it for me and found one. I used Driver Updater Pro but turns out its only a free scan. It has informed me that the following drivers are out of date.

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller,
Realtek High Definition Audio,
NVIDIA nForc PCI System Management
NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller

So I got RadarSync 2009 Free Edition instead and it uncluded some updates for programs but didnt have the networking controller. I'll go in search of the networking driver.

And my motherboard is a K10N78FullHD SLI.

Fingers crossed :D

driver updater pro suggests getting
Name: NVIDIA nFOrce Networking Controller
Manufacturer: nVidia
Date: 4/24/2008
Version: 67.8.1

I have looked thoroughly for this but have no idea where to find it. IT seems strnge it hasnt been outdated yet though almost a year without an update?

Sorry bluecat for such a late reply. Go to your motherboard's website, find your model and see if they have updates.

hey guys. im back at home now and the problem has stopped completly. I suppose its something about how it deals with the connection at university. Its nice to not have it dump on me twice a day :D, I guess it'll happen when i go back though.
Im fairly sure my motherboard drivers and bios is up to date but I'll have a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back