TechSpot

Irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

By Cazca
Oct 18, 2009
  1. I get this error on my Dell Studio 1537 notebook. It was Vista 64bit. I have done some updates recently. I cannot get passed this screen. System repair, system restore, memory diagnostics doesn't work. Starting windows normally also doesn't work. I can't even get windows to load to the log on screen.

Can anyone help me? :( Thanks!

2. Cazca

Cazca TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000000000000880, 0x000000000000000C, "can't remember this set", xFFFFF80001C2B995)

I am able to get it started in safe mode. Any ideas?

3. Cazca

In device manager "Consumer IR Devices" Is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. I think that's it... how do I solve that problem? Or what is it?

4. Cazca

Okay I solved the problem. It was an update!

There was a Microsoft update that was installed that is causing the BSOD. The update that needs to be uninstalled is KB973879. If you go into control panel, then Add/Remove programs and then uninstall that update, after you reboot it should be working normally again.

It works perfect now. I hope this helps some others too.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.