Is 17 buttons too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings fellow gamers.

I'm new here.

I hope I'm in the right forum section.

I decided to stop lurking and post my question.
I'm using the Logitech MX518 mouse and don't get me wrong, I love it. But... It's time for a new mouse. I've had the 518 for years and it's starting to fade and tear in some spots.

I just came across this on the internet a few days ago and I would like some reviews on it from true gamers because I am, thus far, planning on getting one.

It's called the Naga. The video below is the best example of it that I've found so far.

http://www.razerzone.com/getimba-share-n-win/uc7nf7m

It's a 17 button mouse. Mainly for avid MMORPG players, but could be used for photoshop and other games.
It looks incredible! Glows blue. Tangle free mesh cord which is suppose to be LOOOONG.

The video does a great job showing you everything about it in a short amount of time. Check it out if you want. I have a feeling this Razr gamer gear might change how we play PC games in the future.

I'm getting ahead of myself though, I really want some opinions. Good or bad.

Sorry if I'm intruding with such an extensive post for a newcomer.
Thanks for your time!

- Bedrokk

I own that mouse and if you have large hands dont even think about it, but it has a lot of options through software, other than the size I think its great

I don't know.

If you can't think of any use for that many buttons, you probably don't need to waste your money.

I've got a Logitech G5, and I don't even use all the buttons on it.

Don't get me wrong though, if you have a need for all those buttons, it sounds like a good idea.

a close friend of mine got the razer naga. tried it for a while, not so much comfortable compared to my proclick 1.6 but it has tons of buttons. not my type though. too much buttons for my thumb. i like the deathadder more. well just my 2 cents. im not those heavy-duty gamers.

Ahh well I do plan on being pretty hardcore about gaming when Guild Wars 2 comes out next year.

For those not in the know, GW2 is a MMORPG so the more buttons the better for this game. I really appreciate all the feedback I've been getting. I hear a lot of good things about the death adder. might look that up also

I've been using MX Revolution for years with key presses bound to the back/forward buttons and side wheels back and forward jog action(so about 8 buttons in total). I now feel lost when using any other mouse in WoW. More buttons would be great, but at the same time I feel that I have all the core functions I need for most classes in WoW with the buttons I have. I still have some on Shift1,2 & 3 so those could be moved too using up to 11 buttons. 17 sounds overkill but you would probably quickly find uses for them all.

My only worry would be that with 17 buttons with a mass of them on the side of the mouse you'd end up having to look at the mouse to make sure you were pressing the correct button :)

Well, if you touchtype, you'd know even with all those buttons on the keyboard you don't need to look at it to know you're getting the right button....

Of course, occasionally you'd get the wrong buttom.....

(typo intentional)

Well, if you touchtype, you'd know even with all those buttons on the keyboard you don't need to look at it to know you're getting the right button....

Of course, occasionally you'd get the wrong buttom.....

(typo intentional)

As long as you have a home position for your thumb(which I guess would be the finger doing the majority of the button pressing on the side of the mouse)

scaled.Rzr_Naga_SideView02.jpg

it's only 12 buttons on the side so might not take too long to get used to hitting the right ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back