TechSpot

Is a vanilla version of the HTC One in the pipeline?

By Shawn Knight
May 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. HTC is reportedly contemplating the idea of releasing a version of their flagship One smartphone that would ship with a vanilla Android 4.2.2 installation. The current iteration of the One runs the HTC Sense overlay which, according to many, heavily...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

I saw that today too... I feel sorry for HTC. I have a One and it's a great phone. Almost all the reviews of the One have been great too. Problem is, Samsung makes a great phone too, and they have the marketing and brand name to back them up. HTC needs to put some commercials on TV showing their highlight videos.

I've heard as much criticism about Samsung's touchwiz as HTC's Sense. I don't get it though, because you can replace either of those with another launcher. Apex and Go launchers are free and work great.

scorpian007 likes this.
  4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

This wouldnt surprise me

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

This makes me sad, as Samsung v HTC is almost like iPhone vs Android back in the day. The One is a better product. :(

Damn you humanity!

Jad Chaar likes this.
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I personally dont like the design of the One, but I like the OS and the aluminum body.

7. Kevin82485

Kevin82485 TS Booster Posts: 159   +41

I have the One and my girlfriend has the the GS4. I like mine better.