Is anyone having massive problems with free-to-play games?

DKRON

I have recently downloaded Team fortress 2, Tribes: Ascend and Nexuiz but having massive problems with getting them to run.
Team fortress will not find any servers at all and will just end up freezing and crashing after it searches (music gets stuck on the same track repeating).
Tribes will freeze at random points but unless I play it after 6PM (AUS) I will not have a chance of it not crashing.
And even worse Nexuis only lasts 30 seconds untill it seizes completely but the music keeps going fine and I can't even bring up task manager to kill it

It can't just be me

I'm fairly certain, if you are having issues with so many different servers, the problem would be either your computer/network or your ISP connection. To me it seems more of a local issue than a ISP issue.

Have you installed the most recent graphic drivers?
You specifically mentioned "Free to Play" games in the topic, do you not have this issue with purchased games?

only a occasional crash with dirt 3, the 12.6 ATI drivers seem to be abit beta-ish. but I have over 30 other big name games like crisis 2, battlefield and modern warfare, etc.. and no problems at all with them.
Also dirt 3 online is perfect and the connection is brand new wiMAX wireless

Back