Is Dell Latitude D800 CMOS battery soldered to motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm getting an error message about the date and time not being stored on a Dell Latitude D800 laptop. As a first attempt to alleviate this problem I am going to replace the CMOS battery. I opened the covers on the bottom of the laptop but don't see the battery. I tried to take the shell off but haven't been successful yet.

Before I go further do you know if the CMOS battery is soldered to the motherboard? (If so, this may be a nonstarter for me.)

Thanks for your help!

the bottom of a laptop case doesn't give you access to the CMOS battery.

You have to pop the frame off from the top. Be gentle. It is tricky and you can break it if you don't know what you're doing.

Thanks for the information. I haven't had any luck getting the case off yet. Do you know a resource where I can find out if the CMOS battery is soldered to the motherboard?

I dont think that it is soldered. I think that model has a two-pin connector. You pretty much have to get deep in there to get to a CMOS batt for most if not all of the laptops I've seen.

D800 CMOS battery is below main battery

According to the link below, the CMOS battery for the Dell D800 is located beneath the main battery in a little compartment. You do not need to take the case apart.

support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd800/sm_en/reserve.htm#1123661

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back