TechSpot

Is Facebook Gifts the next big revenue source for the social network?

By Shawn Knight
Sep 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook has unveiled a new service called Facebook Gifts that will allow users to purchase and send real-life gifts to other members. The social network said members would be able to buy gifts as part of birthday reminders or by...

Read more
  2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

They had this years ago but the "gifts" were just little icons of teddy bears or lolli pops and the cost $1 or more each. People are very, very stupid and this will definitely bring in bank for Face.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,977   +1,487

I knew I wasn't dreaming when I said I didn't have a way to upload images without using a file sharing site. The only options I have in the editor is adding a URL address. The only option I have below the editor is Post Reply, Preview, and More Options. More Options doesn't give any additional features for uploading images.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded the image to another TechSpot comment I made in the past. Then I inserted the URL address here. I don't understand why there is no "Upload File" option here though.
  4. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Actually given the general laziness of the American consumer, this should go well for FB. Especially around christmas. Here is a way to send that cousin you know nothing about a present. Or that family member you really cant stand a gift. This has the chance to rake in some serious capital for FB. My concern would be if the children get on FB and start sending their freinds Teddy Bears ect.
  5. Come on now, this is pathetic. But there a lot of people out there that will "like" this feature. It's their money. Wow, I'm so glad I got off the fakebook bandwagon. I really would hate to be sent a gift(and I use that term loosely) via a social site. I would rather receive a sharp stick in the eye.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.