Is HAF 912 Plus going to satisfy my needs?

Atham

Hi there,
I will be getting myself a new PSU (either HX750 or AX750) and maybe a GPU for Christmas (hd 6950 2GB). I am looking for a case that would fit the PSUs, my case will not support the two PSUs for the cables to go around the back.

I will be using all the parts that are in my specs + a 9800GT 1GB in the meantime until I get a hd 6950 or another card.

If there is a case better for me, then please let me know.

Thanks

~Atham

A HAF912 will be good for triple SLI/CF without much issues. For the price its one of the best cases you can purchase in my opinion, and offers plenty of cooling potential as well. There are bigger cases, but they come with bigger prices. That said, the bigger brothers (HAF X and HAF 932) are among the best you can buy at the higher price ranges too.

Even 1KW+ PSU's will be fine inside the case (although you'd lose the 2.5" drive cage for really long PSUs.

There is heap loads of space for running cables in the back of it. Check out my Picture Gallery on here for pictures of my various builds inside that case if you want further proof.

I have seen the pictures. I do not really need a 2.5" drive bay, I don't have SSDs.

So you say it is good. I'll take your word for it.

Don't have to take my word for it. I'm confident others will agree, and reviews will say the same. :) Personally I've got no issue telling someone something is crap if it is. :haha: But the HAF912 is perfect for most gamers tbh.

Just Google "HAF 912 reviews" and check them out for yourself.

The HAF cases also come with a 3.5" to 2x 2.5" drive converter anyway, enabling you to fit 2x 2.5" hard disks inside one 3.5" hard disk slot.

I did check some reviews. But if someone from the forum confirms it then I am a bit more sure. Thanks :)

Well I use it as my case for my main rig. I'll be replacing it with something different soon, as fancy a change, but I'll definitely be keeping the old case for future builds. Its a fantastic case for the money and I've enjoyed building in it during the time I've owned it. Its very well thought out, and offers a myriad of features for the money. For example, not many cases the same size are capable of handling 4x 2.5" disks alongside 5x 3.5" hard disks in that price range.

TBH you can't go wrong with it.

So, haf 912 it is. What about getting a 20mm fan on the top? Will it make a drastic change?

You mean 200mm. The top will also accept 1x 140mm or 2x 120mm fans as well. I just use a single 120mm fan in the top of my case, as the Corsair H50 radiator is fitted with a 120mm fan on either side and takes up part of the 2nd 120mm fitting point.

I use the standard Coolermaster large fan in the front, a 140mm side fan, a 120mm top fan, and 2x 120mm rear exhaust fans. Cooling is more than adequate without making too much noise.

Will those misc. items together make up for the price of a haf 922? Should I get that instead? It is a 21.3 EUR difference

I can;'t comment on that - that is for you to decide.

I'd personally go for the HAF 912.

So you'd recommend the HAF 912. I think I will go with that. For Christmas I might get me some case fans and a GPU. I just want it to fit the HX750, which I will be using as my PSU once I get it.

I'd recommend the HAF 922. The 912 is a great case, but the 922 has more features and more room, plus better cooling. I have a CoolerMaster V8 (a monster) for my cpu cooler and there is plenty of room for it. Good luck with your selection.

I have read that many people said that it was not worth the money, that it was a bit too costly for the size. Is that just some bull****?

Another question I have is, will a HAF X be an overkill for the system I will use?

A lot of it is opinion mate; Look at what your going to be putting in the case, if you have a big cooler check the dimensions to make sure it'll fit, then decide on what you want. They're all good cases, its just a matter of what you want. Im sure someone has done reviews on the cases' temperatures so you can see if buying the more expensive case is really worth it to you, or if the hardware being 3*C may not matter. I bought a Lian Li Knight KC63 or something because its the coolest running case and only cost $60. That came from a TechSpot review too.

Back