Is hardware good for gaming?

Is my hardware good for gaming because from what I see, it can't handle a lot of different colored pixels on the screen at once:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 1511
OS Build 10586.164
Product ID Don't want to say because of risk of getting hacked
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
2.00GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.86 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Well, your CPU is quite old, and I don't see any discrete graphics listed, so I'll assume you're using whatever is onboard. This sort of hardware setup isn't very well suited for PC gaming. You'll need a much better CPU and GPU to handle most modern games. With that said, If you're interested in upgrading with the hopes of gaming, provide a budget and some members will help you pick out some parts.

My approach is to wait on games as they get wrung out by other players. Then I read reviews and check comments. Some games function poorly and are very frustrating to play. Once I decide that I would like a game, I put it on my 'wishlist' and wait for a sale. At the moment I have about 40 games in my library - and the most recent publication date is 2012. I have 7 games on my wish list - the most recent publication is 2015.

When I figure out what I want to play, I look up the 'system requirements' - since I like it to 'play well' I try to match the most demanding game's requirements. Currently I have a 1GB DDR5 video card with a 128 bit memory width. I'm looking forward to an Polaris RX 450 "someday". I like the narrow memory bus as it takes much less power and I play on a 1400x900 (low resolution) screen so I don't need billions of pixels.

My system is a Dell Precision T3500 with a Xeon processor which I bought used. The system with new 500GB HDD cost less than $200 (very careful eBay shopping over several months). I get 60fps in Fallout NV, Skyrim and Far Cry 3 at medium or better quality.

This is the first 'manufactured' system that I have bought since the early 80s. I've been building my own for decades...but that is another story.

Back