Is intel 82865g graphics controller good for gaming?

Woooooohhhh, that's some old tech lol.

Can't imagine you would be getting awfully good frame rates with something like that. However, it should be alright to record using fraps, just give it a go (fraps is free) and see if it works.

I can't give an exact number, but it is safe to assume that you will not get an awful lot. Fraps shouldn't really lower the fps below what they already are.

K some issues here, your running what intel called "extreme graphics 2" released back in 2004, for the pentium 4 based systems, this thing could barely play halo, is doesn't support shader, and is only good to dx7 I believe,meaning most games even form 2005 won't even run since the system can not support there minimum standards. If this is a desktop maybe look into a video card upgrade, though this mainboard would prob require either a bone PCI card or AGP, both are outdated and unfortunately kinda expensive. If its a laptop your outa luck, not to mention at that systems age its prob not gonna be able to play many games because of CPU limitations as well, even minecraft can be somewhat demanding.

I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that he is already playing Minecraft on the system, and is determining whether recording with fraps will severely affect his current frame-rate in the game.

If you haven't yet played the game on that system, then I would strongly advise that you invest in a new system (even a dirt cheap laptop will have more power than your current setup).

Yes you are correct, idk hows hes even playing on the that, minecraft must be able to turn down a lot. Recording is gonna prob be too much, as I said up above your CPU on this system is very old, so trying to record would prob over strain that, also if you only have one HDD, its gonna be IDE, that would also be too much on that as well.

Back