Is it good to connect PC speakers to TV?

Jessy12

Hi, I just got a LED TV and I don't like the audio quality (it vibrates during low frequency sounds). I want to buy some PC speakers to use them on the TV and for playing PS3 too, mainly because Home Theaters are expensive. How I plan to connect them is just with an RCA (2males) to 3.5mm(female), which means, directly to the TV (no amplifier or the such, just the subwoofer that comes with the speakers). My questions are... will that give decent sound? And could I hear the PS3 too since it is connected with HDMI? Help will be highly appreciated, I'm not very good with audio-video setting ups.
g.php

The standard pc jack is your average stereo 3.5mm hedphone jack as you say.

As far as i have encountered all pc speakers have a built in amplifier, Not too sure about ps3 sound working though sorry.

As for sound quality you get pretty much what you pay for. Cheap pc speakers are probably just as bad as cheap tv speakers.

just ensure that your LED TV has that audio output port (either via RCA plugs or headphone jacks) and you should be able to enjoy your PC speaker sound. don't worry about the amplifier as pretty much almost all PC speakers have built-in amplifier, like fimbles mentioned.

p.s. there are some recent LED TVs which don't have those audio out ports.

Back