IS it my proccessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipmike33

For awile my computer wasnt functioning. SO I bought a new motherboard thinking that that was the problem, nothing was fixed, so i decided to buy a new psu and it worked! Then comes in the new problem, my computer no longer turns on (the psu doesnt turn on), so i went today and returned the psu and got a new one, same problem. Is the proccessor at fault here? If the proccessor is dead, shouldnt the psu turn on atleast? Please help.

filipmike33 said:
For awile my computer wasnt functioning. SO I bought a new motherboard thinking that that was the problem, nothing was fixed, so i decided to buy a new psu and it worked! Then comes in the new problem, my computer no longer turns on (the psu doesnt turn on), so i went today and returned the psu and got a new one, same problem. Is the proccessor at fault here? If the proccessor is dead, shouldnt the psu turn on atleast? Please help.
Hmm... are you sure your front switch is wired correctly? Take a jumper/wire/screwdriver and CAREFULLY short the 2 pins where the front power switch goes. If the system boots then the switch was faulty...

If it doesn't... test your powersupply. Short it's 14th pin (power on) and any ground pin (black wire = ground, green should be power on). If it doesn't turn on your PSU is dead.

If it DOES turn on... I'd guess it's either your mobo or your CPU.

Im pretty sure its wired correctly since it did work for awhile, then out of nowhere it stopped. How do i short the 2 pins? Do i just touch it with a screwdriver?? Thanks for the help

filipmike33 said:
Im pretty sure its wired correctly since it did work for awhile, then out of nowhere it stopped. How do i short the 2 pins? Do i just touch it with a screwdriver?? Thanks for the help
Yeah. Just be careful, you don't want to see the system startup and accidentally scratch something in reaction, and carefully make sure you short the correct two pins. I think you can also simply use a jumper if it's big (or small) enough, or just a wire. As long as you just momentarily short just those two pins you'll be fine whatever you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back