Is it possible to connect home theatre speakers and subwoofer to a Computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

REB_ElMagnifico

Howdy yall!!

I recently received a surround sound set of speakers and subwoofer from my mother-in-law. And I really don't care much to hook it up to my old tv and have to set up all the wiring in my living room. I would rather have a better sound system for my computer in my bedroom. Obviously I would need new connectors etc., but I just want to know if it is possible to hook up surround sound that is made for a tv and dvd player to a computer.

thanks

Ryan

hey
If you have a reciever for the stereo its really not hard at all. I had 2 surround sound systems and I decided to hook one of them up to my computer. If you have a reciever all you need to do is go out and get 1 cable for it. The cable has a headphone jack at one end and a red and white audio cable at the other end. Theres a picture of it in the attachments. You should be able to get it at your local best buy or circuit city. you just plug the headphone end to the jack on the computer and the red/white to the reciever. However if you don't have a reciever, go get one. :approve:

yeah, the adapter/reciever thingy is super cheap. I think i payed like 4.99 at radioshack

Depending on how many channels your amp is, you will need to purchase a 3.5mm jack to 2 RCAs as the other people have said. Choose which ever channel youw ant to hear your pc from (all of them will work the same) and plug in the 2 RCAs into the back of your Home Theatre Amp. Put the 3.5mm jack into your computers output or headphone jack. next, wire up the speakers with black going to black and red going to red and turn on the amp to the channel on which u set your computer. it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back