Is it possible to not subscribe to news posts by default?

ET3D

When I post a reply to a news item the default is to subscribe me to the thread so I get notifications of other posts. I can tick the box off, but I need to remember to do that every time I post. I'd like to know how it's possible to make it off by default. If there's anything that can turn me off posting it's automatic subscription to thread.

Not sure if this works for the news or just the forums but under your profile options is "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Just set it to not subscribe.

Thanks. I was sure there's such an option, but couldn't find it. Now I have. It was set to automatically subscribe, and I don't know how that happened, since I'm sure I never got subscriptions to news items. Maybe it was set like this all along and just recently applied to posting on the news pages. Anyway now that it's off I hope that I won't get these pesky messages. Thanks a lot.

It's done, now you have to manually select the checkbox to subscribe if you want to do so for a specific news story.

Back