Is it possible to place an ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP Pavillion Slimline?

tricksta555HD

it possible to place a ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP pavillion slimline?

I want to know because i just bought just cause 2 for pc and i dont have the right Graphics card so im planning to buy the graphics card.

btw im 13 so i cant afford everything.

thanks for your help

UPDATE: the version of the PC is S3330f

From the information I could gather 8800GT is 9" long and roughly 4.7" high. Whereas, this XFX HD 5750 is 7.9" by 4.4". So if these measurements are true to your existing system, you should be ok with this card.

The card I linked you to is a single slot card, so it should fit without disrupting any thing else in the your system.

I don't think there is much difference between 5750 or 250, however, if you can delay your purchase and increase your budget to around 120, this HD 6770 is far superior option, and it is a single slot card as well.

Okay I am sure we are looking at two different spec sets, the one I was able to locate earlier was sold with 8800GT.

I think it would be good idea to hear from our OP on this, and if it is the one identified by ihave, I will definitely back his recommendation.

errr

my processor is a intel pentinum 2 core processor 2 ghz. with a nvidia geforce 7100 graphics chipset with 2gb of ram bought in 2008 with widows vista

on ebay theres a gainwood nvidia geforce 8800 gt will it work on my pc?

Well as we both turned out to be way south on specs, I would suggest that you open up your PC and tell us what is the make/model of PSU (i.e. power supply unit) and its wattage, so an appropriate suggestion for a graphic card can be made accordingly.

Okay please provide us with the requested information (i.e. PSU make/model/wattage) so an appropriate suggestion for a new graphic card can be made.

Got IT!

i have the specs of the psu

Brand: Delta eclectronics Inc
Model: 1D PS-160 QB -1 A REV:01F
Input: 100-240v
Output: +12v
Max Power: 160w

thanks for your help!

Not going to work. From AMD's page:
450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)

Sometimes you can get by with lesser specs if you have a really solid PSU, down to their minimum or slightly lower (check their approved PSU list). But with a 160W PSU, I wouldn't even recommend adding a second hard drive.

If you really can't afford a better PSU, maybe there isn't a good upgrade path. With a 160W PSU, adding a discrete graphics card is not very wise. But maybe there is some hope; what sort of money were you planning on spending?

BTW, GT220: slightly better than onboard graphics, not really worth it if you want to play games.

I am not really sure a 300W would do any good (unless as SNGX pointed out it is a really solid unit but even that may struggle to cope in supplying required power to components), you really need a 400W or upward for a decent mid-range graphic card like HD 5750 or above.

Back