Is it possible to reverse a partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslayer

I didnt realize it until i was getting messages saying my C drive was filled up; but apparently my hard drive has a C and an E file where the large amount of space is the E. So I have a few large files and programs on both, but i'd rather not have to do the whole reinstalling processes and whatnot...

So my question is, is it possible to have the E drive become a part of the C drive again, thus making plenty of room on my one, C Drive? It seems like it should be possible without having to format the whole thing... also, i am on windows XP

who wants to help!

What is the brand and model of your computer, or motherboard.

The E drive may be where the "hidden" restore of your Windows is located. Can you access E to see what is in it?

There are partition editors that will remove a partition then reformat that once used space and extend the existing partition to the rest of the available space. Acronis, and others you can find with a Gurgle search.

its an Asus motherboard
yah i can access it, im pretty sure theres nothing that importante on there..
my drivers and my symantec image file are on there, but i moved them there to free up some room on the C drive.

but now i just want to get rid of the E space. can i just move those 2 folders on an external (since they will not fit on the C) and then delete the E disk, then move everything from the external back to the c disk? does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back