Is it worth overclocking my EVGA GTX 570

By Emmc15
Jun 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I recently bought my gtx 570 and love it does everything I want (havent tested very demanding games just yet) and I was wandering is there any game out there that I would have to overclock it
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Well what games do you play? BF3 for example would benefit from an overclock. You should be able to get 800-850Mhz without a voltage tweak.
  3. Emmc15

Emmc15 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

I mainly play rpgs and the odd shooter to be honest, so is there much of a point?
  4. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

If you're getting above 60fps minimum then obviously there's no point (unless you have a 120Hz monitor). But if you do experience slowdowns in games then it's well worth giving overclocking a shot.
  5. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

But it's really a last-ditch effort. I agree with what slh28 said above. OCing it just to get a few FPS or (no offense) pull off a feat could end up in more mess to deal with than laggy FPS.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.