Is my computer fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So these past few days we've been having a storm where I live and of course, the power has been iffy. The power had been out for a few minutes and came back on again. I had my computer off the whole time. After a few minutes of the power being on I start hearing Pop-pop-pop-pop, I look over and it's my computer, turning on and off really quickly and making this noise. So, I went and turned off the power strip/surge protector. I didn't get back to the computer till a few hours later. I turned the power strip back on and tired to turn the computer on. The first time I pressed the button nothing happened, the second time the light turned yellow but did nothing after that. So I turned it off again and tired again. Nothing. Since then the computer is just dead. I checked all the connections everything looks fine. Everything else that is on that power strip is working fine, including my moniter. So anybody know what's up with my CPU?

It's a emachine (crappy I know, I didn't know any better at the time I bought it) Intel Celeron processor, What else do you need to know?

Power supply and motherboard will have to be replaced... You might think about buying a new system at this point. What is the eMachines model number? It starts with a "T" or "W" or some other letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back