Is my computer running too cold?

By Jasio-
May 10, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It runs at about 45C or so when idle, and when playing games it reaches a maximum of 50C. Whenever I restart I get a message saying my CPU fan is running too slow or not at all (It's visibly running). I was wondering if it was the temperature affecting this, or another problem. I've always gotten this error on starting, and I've had the computer for about 2.5 years.

Thank you in advanced,
    Jasio-
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

There's no such thing as "too cold"... To correct this error, you might have to reset the bios or install a new fan. Your posted temps are a little hot, but not dangerous... yet
  3. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

Haha...C stands for Celsius, not Fahrenheit ;)
  4. Predict

Predict Newcomer, in training Posts: 37

50ºc isnt that cold lol it is over 120ºf I would guess, but no it is not running cold it may just have a dead fan
  5. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] I'm a TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,256   +110

When has this problem started? if it is just recently, maybe the fan is messed up. Or maybe your power supply isn't giving enough power.

Do you know the temps before this? What procesor? Do you just use the cooler it came with?
  6. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

45 degrees is nothing to worry about it. With no, specs listed, you could assume that

A)The room temp is just simply warm
    B)Heatsink Fan may need to be dusted
    C)Running a naturally hot processor such as a P4

Unless as others said, your fan is broken, i wouldn't worry until it gets 50+
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.