Is my GPU malfunctioning?

PC specs:
i5 4670k
Asus strix OC GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

Hello every one, as I said in the title my gpu has performance issues. The other day a glass of water was spilled on the case and since then whenever I try to play a game I get very low and unplayable frame rates. My case is a Fractal R4, the pc was powered on the moment it was splashed by water, but it did not shut down or anything, the usb ports were being used at the time and they were not damaged somehow, which in turn made me wonder whether this was a random occurrence and not related to water damage at all. To be absolutely sure that this is not software related I formatted my pc and installed windows 10 from scratch along with the latest Geforce driver. The result was the same.

I even unplugged the 8-pin power connector from the gpu to check if the system functioned differently and when I turned the pc on, it didn't boot and I was notified to connect the 8-pin power plug to the gpu, which made me aware that power from the psu was flowing normally into the gpu.
ktrlz8

ktrlz8

Just by looking at the screenshot one can tell that the card was severely under-performing during the benchmark, I even did a cinebench which gave me an fps of 68 when other 1060s score about 128 fps from what I can see in youtube.

EDIT: The site wont let me upload the screenshot. It is about a Furmark benchmark I did while CPU-Z was opened in the background. The highest value the GPU Core went at was "139 MHz", GPU memory clock "405 MHz", power consumption "9.4% TDP" were the most worth mentioning ones.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back