Is my Graphics Card Not Running Counterstrike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i recently got counterstrike and installed it, when i try to play it an error pops up saying steam doesnt recognize my graphics card, when i try to play the game the whole screen turns black. I have a relativly knew toshiba satellite m105 S3002 laptop so i would assume it would work. heres some specs on my video card

Name: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) Calistoga Graphics Controller

Version 6.14.0010.4436
Date: 11/28/2005
Maindriver: ialmrnt5.dll

So can anyone tell me if its my graphics card that just wont run the game and theres nothing i can do, or maybe i have to do something with my drivers? any tips are greatly appreciated, i hope i will be able to play this great game.

BTW i used the system scanner thats linked in the first post, and since CS source isnt on there i scanned my computer for Half Life2, and it said my computer should be able to play Half Life2 fine, since i figured HL2 and CS source are similar it seems like they both should work?

TY for all the help

-addie

If you check the game compatibility list for your chipset on Intel's own website, you will find that Half Life 2 is not supported. Click here to see. It doesn't list Counter Strike: Source specifically, but as you said it should be similar to Half Life 2 so you may be out of luck.

You could try installing the latest graphics driver since yours seems to be about 1.5 years old. However, if it still won't work after that, you'll have to run that game on a more capable machine. Keep in mind that just because your laptop is relatively new, that doesn't mean it can run any game. Games can be very demanding on a system and the high end hardware needed to run some of them are the subjects of many discussions here and elsewhere. It's not how new it is but how capable the hardware is that matters most.

Anyway, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back