Is my gtx 260 compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazard

Motherboard Name: Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
Current Graphics card: Nvidia 8500 GT

im thinking of purchasing a GTX 260, is it compatible?

Your new PSU will handle it easy. good luck your gonna like the performance increase. things are gonna fly @ 1920x1200 ,,, good luck,

You didn't tell us what CPU you have, For a GTX 260 to not bottleneck you need a suped up super fast dual core CPU... the X2 6000 wont cut it and the Pentium D wont cut it. A core 2 duo @ 3Ghz or AMD equivlant,will go well with a GTX 260 and will not bottleneck..... gl

Your new PSU will handle it easy. good luck your gonna like the performance increase. things are gonna fly @ 1920x1200 ,,, good luck,

You didn't tell us what CPU you have, For a GTX 260 to not bottleneck you need a suped up super fast dual core CPU... the X2 6000 wont cut it and the Pentium D wont cut it. A core 2 duo @ 3Ghz or AMD equivlant,will go well with a GTX 260 and will not bottleneck..... gl

thanks :) my CPU is: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 MHz umm since im kinda new and all i was wondering, what exactly does bottleneck mean?

Your CPU is fine. Bottleneck just means that you have a slow/old component which hampers the rest of your computer's performance, e.g. if your CPU is very slow then even if you have a really good graphics card you won't see much of a performance increase because the CPU is holding up the rest of the system.

Your CPU is fine. Bottleneck just means that you have a slow/old component which hampers the rest of your computer's performance, e.g. if your CPU is very slow then even if you have a really good graphics card you won't see much of a performance increase because the CPU is holding up the rest of the system.

ok thanks loads dude :) cant wait for it to arrive xD any suggestions btw?

Seems to me like ur in good shape :D

Sorry to be so negative in light of your obvious excitement, but if your video card doesnt work when the new PSU arrives, i would check on that video card. It might be that its defective and you should return it

Good Luck,
sw123

EDIT: Hazard is so leet hes never heard of bottleneck :p

Seems to me like ur in good shape :D

Sorry to be so negative in light of your obvious excitement, but if your video card doesnt work when the new PSU arrives, i would check on that video card. It might be that its defective and you should return it

Good Luck,
sw123

EDIT: Hazard is so leet hes never heard of bottleneck :p

haha ok thanks :D will do, aaand haha i heard of it but wasnt sure what it was ( i had that impression ) thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back