Is My Motherboard dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some serious help...
The other day i was sitting by my computer and it was on, then all of the sudden..... Dead. It just turned off. my apartment complex seems to have power issues and i am dumb and do not have a surge protector. at first i figured it was my power supply and i took it to best buy to get it checked and they told me it was dead. so i bought a new thermaltake 500 watt power supply and put it in....nothing.
Did i not connect it right? there are no lights, even on the mobo. i made sure all of the connections were tight. i also took out my ram, video card, sound card, disconected my ide cables to the cd drives, disconnected my hard drive and nothing. also, i tried to jump the power switch to the motherboard but not sure if i did it right.
specs:
gigabyte K89S ultra-939
geforce 6600gt
amd 64
160 somethin gigs ram

also my nvidia graphics drivers kept crashing for months before this happened and i would have to reinstall them alot, dont kknow if this will help
i dont really have money to get it looked at so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m afraid it does sound like your mobo is fried. It`s not uncommon for a psu to fail and take the mobo with it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back