Is my pic fried?

I need to know where to begin to fix my pc because something must be fried. I had an iPhone charger cord plunged into the front usb of my pc. The other end that connects to the phone got stuck in the wall socket. Caused a spark and shut my pc off. Now it won't power back on. I don't smell anything burnt and after taking side off nothing looked burnt either. So is my psu bad or my front panel on my case? Or did I fry my MOBO or CPU.

" iPhone charger cord plunged into the front usb of my pc " - might have grounded out if you were inserting or removing but unlikely to do any great damage

" other end that connects to the phone got stuck in the wall socket" (How did you do that??) - 120v or 240v? Frankly either would be capable of seriously cooking many things - PSU and motherboard are most likely - and RAM and CPU are next tier

One way to approach this requires a second working system - and you remove and test components on the working system.

Or, assuming PSU is cooked, replace it and see if anything works

Or, assuming the motherboard is cooked, http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001089.htm

Back