TechSpot

Is my processor toasted or what isn't working in my computer?

By DonPSL
Oct 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, my computer have resently started to lagg and i have had problems with it. The processor was runing at 100% and everything was lagging. I restarted cmos and reinstalled win 7. Now it's working kinda good but i still think it should run faster, so i checked the built in function on win7 to "rank my system", before this started to happen i had the following results:
    Processor: 6,9
    RAM: 7,3
    Graphics: 6,9
    Harddrive: 5,9
    Now when i tried it after reinstalation and reseting cmos i got this result:
    Processor: 4,4
    RAM: 5,6
    Graphics: 7,5
    Harddrive: 5,9
    My question is: Is my Processor failing or my RAM or both? Is there another problem i dont know about? How should i fix this? Any program that can test if something is broken or is about to break?
    Anyhow, i feared the worst, went into bios and saw my processor runing at 94 C :/
    Is my processor toasted?
    And last, tec pref:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte P55M-UD2
    Processor: Intel Core i5 3,20GHz
    RAM: 2 Corsair DDR3 2GB
    Graphicscard: ATI Radeon HD 5850
  2. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Posts: 250

ohh man , 94 C is too hot , the normal temp for your cpu should be between 45 and 50 C , and according to intel your max safe cpu temp is about 73°C , so i think you have a serious heat problem,you need to check your cpu fan status and ensure that it is running fine,
  3. DonPSL

DonPSL TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the tip, removed coldingpaste; made it to a ball and put back. Now CPU temp is at 47C instead of 94C ^^

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.