Is processor failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I switched on my computer is not booting upand mo display comes.But CPU fans runs and other leds will glow.But no display appears.
I have checked monitor and RAM first.It does not have errors.Then my technician told that it will be due to mother board errors.Then I serviced mother board by sending it to its authorised service centre.
But after getting back the repaired mother board the same problem was found.
Then I gave back it to authorised service man.But now he telling that it will be due to processor failue.
I dont know what I have to do.My processor is 4 year old only.but it is now hard to replace since it is old model....please help me.....what i do???

processor: AMD sempron 2500+ 1.40GHz
Type : Athlon 64
mother board: ASUS K8VMX
RAM: 512 MB

Processor error is extremely rare... and the AMD Sempron 2500+ through AMD Sempron 3000+ are most reliable.
Of course anything can happen...
I cannot figger out how the repair person could fix the motherboard without using the processor. How did you test RAM? In another computer?
A power supply that has a bad third will do this. Have you tried replacing the power supply as a test.
Does the motherboard have any fat or swollen capacitors (Those little barrel-like devices that stick up in many places on the motherboard?
eBay has seven AMD Sempron Processors available today, and on most days... The prices range from $4.99 to $8.95 for most of them.
That seems like a good price to test whether your CPU is bad.

Try leaving your computer running for a few minutes and see if you hear the system sounds from your speakers, such as the Windows Startup sound.

If you hear that after a few minutes, then your video card is shot. You'll have to buy another one. If your computer has an open PCI Expansion bay, I'd recommend a FX 5600 or above for your computer. Good performance, and can handle decent games.

Good luck.

Video card no pblm

Sir,
I cant find any sound....So i think video card not damaged. Can you specify some ways to identify proccesor failure??? pls help me..

See if you can borrow a CPU from someone or from another computer to pop into the motherboard to check if your CPU is shot, or bring the computer in to a shop and have them check it for you.

Already tested

Yes, I hav already brought it to authorised asus service center.They made a rough and fast test and told that processor will be damaged...But still i dont think so..because my local technician in the shop from where i brought is telling that it may not be due to processor....

But my computer will work as normal most of the times.But it shows some times .When i use it regularly for two days it shows problem.Otherwise no problem....Regular use only showing error...Otherwise work as normal.

If proceswsor is error ,then it works as i told above???? pls help me...

You too?
I am having this same problem: No display with no boot.
This happened after my CPU fan fell, reseated it. CPU heating too quick = new TIM.
Got TIM, applied it and now having the same problem as you.

Processor failure? OMG NO. I really hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back