Is the AMD Phenom II x6 1100T compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard?

Atham

Hello,
I would like to know the AMD Phenom II x6 is compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard. I currently have that board and I am not sure if I should get a newer motherboard when buying the Phenom II x6 1100T.

Thanks in advance.

Yes ASUS and Intel websites have cpu and motherboard compatability sections!
Saves Leeky and the rest of the tech spot gurus a lot of time!
lol

Okay. Thanks a lot.

About the motherboard compatibility, will the GeForce GT 9800 or the hd 6950 work? I am thinking about getting a better GPU.

Should I consider getting a new motherboard? I am thinking about getting the GIGABYTE 990FXA UD3 to work with the components. Should I upgrade now, or upgrade later?

Both the GT 9800 or the HD 6950 will work with your motherboard. If there are features such as USB 3.0 or Sata III that you would like to have now then it's worth considering upgrading your motherboard. Also, if you're interested in laying a foundation for the AMD FX series processors the UD3 opens the door to that down the road. If you plan on sticking with the same processor and are just looking to upgrade graphics then your current board will handle that just fine.

Oh okay. I just want to stick with the same processor and are just looking to upgrade graphics card.

What about overclocking the processor? Will I get from 3.3 GHz to at least 4 GHz with my current mobo and CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ cooler?

Why?

It supports DDR3 RAM up to 1600MHz speeds, and is fully compliant with PCI-Express 16x speeds for GPU's... What would make you think the motherboard would possibly be a bottleneck?

It fully supports your hexacore 1100T.

Oveclocking wise, its hard to say, as every setup is different, and what works for someone else may not work for you. However, with the right cooling, a decent power supply and tweeking, 4+ GHz is reasonable for the AMD hexacore. The key will be with keeping temps down, as the thermal cutoff is fairly low on these CPUs.

I will be using the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ cooler for the CPU and the corsair TX750 PSU.

Could I go above 4GHz?

Back