TechSpot

Is the ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 graphics card compatible with a Dell Vostro 200?

By ynotbme
Feb 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I am trying for the first time to put together a system. Yeh I know...I need help. First of all is this a usable card. It is comming out of an existing system.
    Thanks, ynotbme

2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

If the card will fit in the box it'll probably work for you. When I looked up Dell Vostro 200 they were built into two kinds of cases. There was one type built in a slim case and the other type built in a mini case. The mini case is much wider than the slim case. It looks like both types of cases sport motherboards with X16 PCI-E slots for adding an aftermarket video card. Trouble will arise if your 9550/X1050 video card has an AGP connector instead of a PCI-E connector, or you have a full size video card and a slim case.

3. ynotbme

ynotbme TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

RE: Vostro 200 and Graphic Card

Does this mean anything to you...I believe I might have a little troulbe-I have a slim case to work with:

Primary Adapter
    Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI
    Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series
    Device ID 4153
    Vendor 1002

Subsystem ID 4153
    Subsystem Vendor ID 1787

Graphics Bus Capability AGP
    Maximum Bus Setting AGP 4X

BIOS Version 008.017D.033.00
    BIOS Part Number BK-ATI VER008.017D.033.000
    BIOS Date 2005/12/08

Memory Size 256 MB
    Memory Type DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

Core Clock in MHz 250 MHz
    Memory Clock in MHz 203 MHz

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,925   +347

It appears you need an AGP low profile card for the slim type case. Since you already have the graphics card, is the rear I/O plate short enough to fit? If so, it is a low profile card. If not, the card is built for a standard width case and you can't use it with your slim case.