Is the Dell XPS 600 upgradeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the XPS 600 fully upgradeable? I know that Dell isn't exactly popular, especially around here, but that doesn't really matter to me.

I have a Dell XPS 400 which is the sister to the 600. the 400 has an available RAM slot and a PCI slot open and a couple of other, im not sure on the 600 though since its higher ed would just call and ask dell about the open slots on the motherboard

Well it has

PCI: 3 Slots
PCIe x1: 1 Slot
PCIe x16 (Graphics): 2 Slots

You can upgrade the ram, CPU, HDD and graphics cards in the future. It has a 650w psu, so looking good there. I don't see anything offhand that would limit you for upgrades in the future, but of course that depends on how far in the future ;)

Actually, a thought that just came to mind.

As it comes with SLI (two graphics cards) it may be blocking the PCI slots, or at least some of them. Something to keep in mind anyways.

Tokkie said:
I know that Dell isn't exactly popular

where did you hear/read that Dell has been the #1 PC manufactuer 4ever second: HP-Compaq
Third: Gateway/eMachines Corporation

Dells are very popualr the school I go to and have ever been to use Dell PCs and I have owned numerous Dells, I have always likd them

ohh my mistake the last I heard Dell was first, HP-Compaq was second, and Gateway/eMachines was third, mistake on my part

sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back