Is the mobo fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im pretty new to computers..i started my new build(specs on the bottom) got everything together..at first i thought i had a faulty psu since it wouldnt turn on..i jump started it and got it to work..as it turned the pc on..i got a bunch of long beeps..i looked that up on google and came up with faulty ram..me being the ***** that i am continued to mess wit the pc thinking i could get it to work..i turned it on nothing came on..so i decided to jumpstart the psu again..as i did that..the psu started to smoke..and i assume i fried it..but the 4pin connector was still plugged into the mobo..and the rubber near it was pretty much burned off..i have no way to check the other hardware to see what else is faulty or if the psu fried anything else..i sent a rma to newegg for the psu and ram..still waiting to see if there gonna send me a replacement..in the meantime is there a way to see if the motherboard or cpu are indeed fried or still working?

Western Digital WD1200AAJS 120GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO4000IAA5DD - OEM
Rosewill R6422-P SL Black/ Silver SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Retail
Kingston HyperX 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2/1G - Retail

eggyhustles said:
im pretty new to computers..i started my new build(specs on the bottom) got everything together..at first i thought i had a faulty psu since it wouldnt turn on..i jump started it and got it to work..as it turned the pc on..i got a bunch of long beeps..i looked that up on google and came up with faulty ram..me being the ***** that i am continued to mess wit the pc thinking i could get it to work..i turned it on nothing came on..so i decided to jumpstart the psu again..as i did that..the psu started to smoke..and i assume i fried it..but the 4pin connector was still plugged into the mobo..and the rubber near it was pretty much burned off..i have no way to check the other hardware to see what else is faulty or if the psu fried anything else..i sent a rma to newegg for the psu and ram..still waiting to see if there gonna send me a replacement..in the meantime is there a way to see if the motherboard or cpu are indeed fried or still working?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO4000IAA5DD - OEM
Rosewill R6422-P SL Black/ Silver SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Retail
Kingston HyperX 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2/1G - Retail

Apart from actually setting them up with working components - not that I'm aware of. You kind of answered your own question :).

Zenosincks said:
Apart from actually setting them up with working components - not that I'm aware of. You kind of answered your own question :).

i figured there were signs i can look for to tell me..guess i'll have to wait till i get new ram and a psu..thanks for the quick reply

You can look to see if there is physical damage to either of them. Odd discolorations, melting etc. Apart from that, not really that I know of.

eggyhustles said:

Man,i had that problem from my last PC.The mainboard it isn't fried,but some of its part are half working(i am telling you just the way it happened to me and what did i learned from that).you must go to the store and buy a new one.That supports the same parts but not from the same manufacturer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back